Saturday 29 October 2011

..... And i was kicked out of the Classroom.

Guilty in the subconscious yet triumphant, I felt like a million bucks. Nothing would have gotten me out of the ‘clutches of the monster’ but the brilliance of a useless, pathetic and least to mention rotten nerve sack; jimmy was the last specie on this planet I would ever count on, but I should start thinking on re-arranging that list! Alone in the corridor, the echoes of my footsteps were the applause of my victory. I have always respected and abided by the authority but it isn’t fun if you aren’t breaking the rules.
Monday comes while bringing along continuous 5 days of gut-busting, wit-wrenching, nerve crashing workload that buries me nose deep in the ground. I have always agreed upon receiving added responsibilities as a part of growing process but the bachelors program was killing me. I still curse the day I betted with grandpa with his 1983 Harley V-Rod classic with my graduation degree. It is since that day my ill-fated miserable life has got an official initiation. It was hard to call off daily football matches, chatting with neighbor over Skype, midnight must-see movie and of course those long hours of sitting aimlessly in front of the television. Now I was surrounded by a sea of books, theories and practicals that were drowning me slowly day after day. Obvious as it was, I woke on the wrong side of my bed that bet day.
And actually things weren’t really that bad, except for a couple of guys who make it. And I was sure from the very first day that the history instructor had something against me. I had tried to jerk the idea off my mind but she always kept on letting me think again and again. She just nailed it the day she gave me detention for wearing an orange colored T-shirt. Said she didn’t liked the color and gave me a 1500 word long critical analysis on why the Russians were always successful in the wars that were fought in their territory. I had planned to be at the screening of the derby final match that day. For every word I wrote that night, fire of vengeance roared more and more inside me. Apart from finishing that essay at 2 in the morning, I vowed that Ms. Riley should be taught a lesson.
Annual games were coming up and I was dying to be a part of a football team. I was dying to let some sweat out and let my feet do the talking. I always had a nemesis in front of me whenever there’s my time for glory, and this time it was jimmy. He was the only guy I hated (read ‘despised of’) in the whole institution. He being proud for no reason and stupid for all reasons was one thing; I have developed this blind fury against him. Let his name be pronounced in front of me and my temper starts to rise for no reason...... and I don’t know how Ms. Riley learned of this. Whenever there was time for some group work or class project in history class, he was always made my team or group leader.
Things just couldn’t stop getting worse for me. We had a football match coming up against the business section and to my luck, our mid semester presentation was arranged the same day. All the instructors agreed to postpone their presentations for the day except for Ms. Riley. She knew I was playing for the class and there was no way she was going to postpone the presentation and made jimmy my last minute team member. She had made all necessary preparations for me to miss one of the most memorable moments of my till-yet-miserable life. I was trapped, so deeply entangled in a web of misery and desolation that I was going to be a disaster at the presentation, and Ms. Riley was going to make sure I spend another semester with her as well...
The day came, and gloom was in the air from the very first minute. The sky was dark, heavily blanketed by clouds with a chance of heavy downpour. So much for the football match and I had a fever and a sore throat in the morning as well. Life sure had its twists and turns, and mine were in the worst way imaginable! Drove to the university with a heavy heart and went straight to the auditorium, rehearsing for the presentation. It seemed to me that someone was watching me but I kept on what I was doing. Sore throat seem to vanish ever passing minute that neared the presentation, which meant no excuses for the day. Luck sure comes at once in a bunch.
I was the chosen the first to deliver the presentation on the fall of Roman Empire. I went unexpectedly smooth, in fact great! I was thinking that soon as I end up with this I am headed straight for the field that awaits me. Ms. Riley was surprised at the presentation but she banned my leaving the room until everybody was done. Yes, I hated her more than ever now. Jimmy was sitting next to me, observing all that I was going through. It felt to me that he was looking at me for quite some time as if analyzing the situation. Just then without warning he spilled a glass of water over me. I was already red hot from what was happening and this move of jimmy made my volcano erupt. I pushed him and he fell from the chair, moaning as if he’d broken his wrist. Ms. Riley halted the session and came over. Jimmy said the water spill was an accident and I brutally pushed him that made him fall and most probably sprained his wrist. What else was Ms. Riley always waiting for, she at the very instance kicked me out of the class. I stood numb at what the hell was happening around me.
Just as I was about to leave the room, I looked back at Ms. Riley who was attending jimmy. She was taking some bandages out of the first aid box when Jimmy’s eyes caught mine. He kept on looking at me and I constantly stared back. All of a sudden he winked at me and gave me a smile.  That wink explained everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment